The Oak Tree Inn has just updated its very popular free map & guide to Balmaha.
Entitled ‘The Balmaha Experience’, the brochure folds out to show a map of the beautiful village (see below). The map also features a Top 10 list of things to do when in Balmaha (also listed below). The Oak Tree’s accommodation and facilities are shown on this map in a handy size version for our guests.
On the cover you will see the line ‘Loch Lomond’s Ultimate Destination’, this is because we truly believe that Balmaha is the best place to visit. Within walking distance from our buildings there is spectacular scenery, with easy access to the loch. The Oak Tree itself is renowned for food and drink as well as an ever growing range of facilities including accommodation cottages, The Village Shop and St Mocha Coffee Shop & Ice Cream Parlour.
Plus now we have a video version, including some spectacular aerial footage of Balmaha – here it is…
Top Ten Things to See and Do in Balmaha
1) Take a short walk through the forest, claiming to the viewpoint to look out over Loch Lomond and its islands.
2) Enjoy a loch cruise
3) Visit St Mocha for artisan coffees and home made ice cream.
4) Climb Conic Hill for incredible views of Loch Lomond and nearby Ben Lomond
5) Enjoy a pub lunch at The Oak Tree Inn
6) Learn about the history and geology of Loch Lomond at the National Park Visitor Centre
7) Enjoy a locally brewed beer, ale or cider in The Oak Tree Inn, or in bottles at The Village Shop
8) Visit the Tom Weir statue.
9) Follow the loch side pathways and explore beaches.
10) Take the kids to play in the play park.