This policy document describes how The Oak Tree Inn Loch Lomond Ltd. makes use of information that is provided to the company.
Any information that is provided to the company, both verbally and electronically will only be used the ways described by this policy.
This policy was updated on 25thMay 2018.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email or write to The Oak Tree Inn Loch Lomond Ltd., Balmaha, Glasgow G63 0JQ.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on our websites.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use our websites and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What Data We Gather:
We may collect the following information:
– Name and job title
– Contact information including email address
– Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
– Website usage data
– Other information relevant to client enquiries
– Other information pertaining to special offers, competitions and surveys
How We Use This Data:
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved services and products.
Specifically, we may use data:
– For our own records
– To improve the products and services we provide.
– To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
– To customise the website for you
– To send you promotional email about products, services, offers and other content that we think might be relevant to you.
– To send you promotional mailings or call you about products, services, offers and other content that we think might be relevant to you.
– To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research purposes
Cookies and how we use them:
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our websites to identify your computer as you view different pages on our websites.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use our websites, along with the pages that they visit on them.
– Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package to improve website structure, design, content and functions.
– Identify whether you are signed in to our website.
– Test content on our website.
– Store information about your preferences, to help you get the most relevant information and content.
– To recongise when you return to our websites, to allow us to show you relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer, or any information about you, other that what you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect website functions. Some pages and services may be unavailable to you.
Controlling Information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our websites, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
– Opt in to receive marketing communications from us by e-mail, telephone, text message and post.
- We will however not supply your data or information to any other third party.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
– An electronic opt out
– Send an email to email@example.com
– Write to us at – The Oak Tree Inn Loch Lomond Ltd., Balmaha, Glasgow G63 0JQ
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1988.
Our websites contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of website outside of www.theoaktreeinn.co.uk If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection/privacy policies fully.